Thursday, January 21, 2010

Hello to the four people that I know that follow this blog. By which I mean that I know you personally, though I do appreciate the support.

Not a lot to report at the moment. Or maybe there is a lot. I guess it just depends on how much I want to elaborate.

Well, a musician friend of mine has decided that he wants to move to a city that can offer more in the way of a career in music. I am in the process of telling him that there are still a lot of things here that he hasn't done as he, unlike myself, is not adverse to playing covers and weddings (see my comments on Dr. Shitheap, I can't remember what the date of that post is but frankly I'm also too lazy to check).

One of my favorite new examples of the TOTAL lack of anyone within the local government having an IQ that is even remotely close to being better than that of a SEVERELY retarded child or, oh I don't know, the vacuum of outerspace, is that St. Louis City suspended my girlfriend's driver license. That's not stupid right? I mean didn't she have like tickets or something? no. Well, like she was in a hit and run or got a speeding ticket, that must be it? Nope. Well I mean they don't just pick people at random and suspend their licenses?!? Oh yes they do! Or at least they did in this case.

If you want to know what happened read on:

I'll keep this short, I'm feeling exponentially lazy by the moment,

K,

A Richmond Heights officer pulled her over a couple of weeks ago to inform her that upon running her plates his system told him that her license had been suspended. "Why?" she asked. The officer told her that the reason was unpaid parking tickets but he didn't know for what township. She proceeded to the Department of Revenue office to rectify the situation after calling U City, St. Louis City, Clayton and Richmond Heights to find that none of them had any record of tickets for her or her vehicle. When she got to the Dept. o Rev they said that the City of St. Louis had suspended her license for unpaid parking tickets. She informed them that she had checked with StL City and they said they had none. She had the clerk call them at which point the clerk told her that they had, in fact made a mistake and that it was simply a clerical error that had caused them to suspend her DL. But, this is the really fucked up part 'cause, hey, everyone makes mistakes, no biggie, but THEY STILL MADE HER PAY TO GET IT REINSTATED.

So yeah, anyway the coffee shop's closing. Anyway we just signed a year-long lease on a new place so it looks like we're stuck here for a bit longer.

Wanna make this place better? Go show the people trying to enrich your lives that you appreciate it and see a show. Music, art, whatever... but keep going.

Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment